Kauai in a nut shell:
- Waking to the sounds of waves crashing.
- Top notch health food stores EVERYWHERE! Papaya’s Natural Food Store: Protein Jolt and Cacao Mocha Smoothies waddup!
- Pihea Trail – doable (~5 mi each way)
- Waimea Canyon – challenging (~3 mi each way)
- Secrets Beach was my favorite – clothing optional ;P
- If waves are strong, Lydgate Beach Park has very calm conditions almost any day.
- Fresh fish daily.
- Renting a bike for $10 a day was the best deal ever!
- Plethora of local and sustainable restaurants throughout the island (except the south west).
- First colonics ever at Internal Healing Center. Wonderful service for a reasonable price!
- Na Pali Coast trails smell like tropical fruit.
- Take off shoes before entering someone’s home – woops!
All in all it was a beautiful experience and I would recommend it to anyone. I think at least 10 days one could fit various activities and be able to relax. Anything less is really cutting it close because of travel time – that is if you’re coming from the east coast of the U.S.
I hope to visit again and next time I’d like to hike the entire Na Pali Coast.